“Dear Family & Friends, Fashion is a highly competitive industry, but I believe that my start-up , in performance wear segment has the genetics to take on the competition. Our line of products represents a fusion between lifestyle and performance wear. These can replace the business casuals with more appealing, comfortable and tech heavy apparels.” This pre-launch statement speaks volumes about Captain Rahul Rai, founder and Managing director, Armour Heavy.
Highly motivated and hardworking Rahul started his career in the year 2000 as a commissioned officer in Armoured Corps , Indian Army. The transition into the corporate world was enabled by his learnings at MDI, Gurugram. Two decades of his diverse experience in marketing led roles include – Digital Channels Management, Public Relations, Brand Management & Governance.
Rahul possess excellent design thinking aptitude and negotiation skills. He has been associated with a number of leading Indian and multi-National companies in leadership positions. His dedication towards goals and acumen of being from marketing field helped a lot when Rahul started to think doing something of his own.
I faced challenges at every step in the industry I decided to pitch in. I dealt with the perception that what an ex-military know of fashion! Naysayers said what experience do you have about retail? There are issues related to quality control, craftsmanship in Indian manufacturing. Then there are whole lot of players from unorganised sector.
Fashion retail can make you bankrupt. It is exorbitant and has cutthroat competition. Post covid-19 pandemic, the retail industry, has a demanding phase ahead. Human behaviour has undergone unprecedented changes. Narrates Rahul about the ordeal of establishing a start-up in fashion segment. In this atmosphere the brand ARMOUR HEAVY (AH ) has following offerings to its customers :-
• I have developed a hyperlocal ecosystem of vendor and partners. I have spent days explaining them the vision and what they are part of. AH is not a T shirt brand it’s a performance wear brand. Fabric tech is a key focus area to enhance comfort and performance. We aim to build the best-in-performance wear for fitness and sports enthusiasts.
• The prowess of India needs more of us to join together. I get motivated with highly patriotic and nationalistic ideas. I learn from personal examples. I am more of self-experimenting, learning & leading life for what I feel is important and must be done.
• Whether you’re a true athlete or someone simply looking for clothes with more versatility, AH has it all. Whether you’re running, working out, riding a bike or just dressing casually, the clothes will keep you comfortable cool and dry too. It is designed to wick moisture and never shrink, while staying soft and stretchy.
• The tagline ‘STOP AT NOTHING’ is a testament to the never say die attitude of an achiever. The AH logo represents the ‘FOUR COLOURS’ of the ‘NATIONAL FLAG’ representing lineage and patriotic fervour.
• Our product line follows a classic design language. The messaging in the products is inspired from historic dates and names that are sacrosanct to us.
• The ‘PATRIOT COLLECTION’ is our premium offering that you will love to adorn & feel proud in.
“I am focusing on breathability, smoothness, stretch and finish as important aspects. I am using light weight fabric which has resistance to dirt and is environment friendly” Rahul is deeply concerned about his brand offerings and the finer details of his product. To ensure quality he personally looks into each and every details of the processes.
“I am highly excited and motivated to launch this quality offering. My marketing and military background is helping me to move ahead with confidence. My brand represents fitness, style and the attitude you move ahead with. My vision is to provide a quality which will finally make this local brand global.” Believes Rahul.
So this New Year, as we move ahead fighting the Virus and the economy, let us find the fire within. Let us develop healthy lifestyle and positive attitude. let’s pamper ourselves with a world class performance wear brand which is truly made in India.
Find more details about Armour Heavy at